My lovely medeplichtige, will be departing these shores soon, for an exciting new job in Holland.
This is her list of ‘To Do’s’ before she exits, stage left:
- Posh High Tea
- Design (Audio Visual) Museum
- Spitalfields Market
- Windsor Castle
* Tower 42 – Done, a lot of fuss is made about these super-high-altitude drinking and dining experiences. Yes the view from Tower42 is AMAZING, like seriously aweinspiringlybreathtaking… but it’s not the kinda place you can relax.
In much the same way as Windows bar, at the top of the Hilton – Park Lane:
…for me, just a bit *meh*…
* High Tea – I took this as an instruction to produce a colour coded high tea crib sheet, using five Top Ten reviews (Top Table, Time Out, Square Meal, Elegant Lifestyle and afternoontea.com) I cross-referenced their top tens and prioritised the restaurants by number of mentions, the top two were Claridges and The Ritz – we chose The Ritz, we liked the gold leaf walls.
* Design Museum (audio visual)
I hope she means this design museum, site of Bauhaus gorgeousness… because I NEED to see the Brit Insurance Designs of the Year 2010
* Spitalfields Market – if only I could remember whether it was open on a Saturday, or a Sunday…considering I’ve spent about a week of my life there, I really should know by now.
* Windsor Castle (and pub while I’m there ;)) – what with being a republican I have never been.
There are many things I will miss about the medeplichtige… and these are just some of them:
1. Her endless enthusiasm for items sporting a Union Jack
[this doormat is from LiveLaughLove]
2. Her use of the English language – and the wonderful words that she has made-up, including, though not limited to ‘amazical‘ – this should also include her incredulity at the word ‘haberdashery’….
3. Her complete inability to make banal English small-talk…but her eagerness to learn how to pay ‘an English unnecessary compliment’ – we’re getting there
4. Her complete lack of care that I am nearly fluent in Dutch…kjutvijfifi… doei lieve medeplichtige – met je mooie haar
5. Her friendship,and support, her sense of humour, the fact she *knows* how to do an *in joke* (and I am *all about* in jokes) the fact she is amongst the cleverest and kindest people I have ever met, our chalk-and-cheese-ness (she is direct, restrained, and considered, I am faffy, ridiculous and peripheral) and her hair…